Monday 15 June 2015

Looking Forward to Ramadan?


Are you stockpiling on samosas? 

If not, you're in big trouble, mate, because Ramadan is starting and what is Ramadan without a truckload of samosas, right?

Last year during this time, I went around making use of technology and social media to gather content for the yearly Ramadan article, and the idea was well received. So, I decided to do the same thing this year and asked the following question:

What is the one thing you look forward to most during Ramadan? 

As requested, I got a mix of serious and funny responses, and here are some of the best ones for you:


“I get excited for the Ramadan zeal. The miraculous energy you get that allows you to wake up for Tahajjud, read pages after pages of the Qur’an and go to the mosque every night on top of the regular schedule. Prior to Ramadan, I will slack off on my Qur’an recitation, skip events at the mosque because I’m too tired from work or because, “I just don’t have the time.” But SubhanAllah, when Ramadan comes I’m 100% more productive, more energized and constantly connected with Allah, all the while going about my daily routine. May Allah give us Barakah in our time and allow us to make the best out of this Ramadan.”

“Thawaab (reward for doing good deeds), forgiveness of sins, purification of heart and stronger Imaan (faith).”

“Internal peace, thawaab, forgiveness of sins and making Dua’a.”











 



That picture was honestly, one of the replies I got. 

“I look forward to abstaining from all the wrong, bad and evil things; and InShaaAllah hope to continue on the same track after Ramadan ends.  I hope that I be the best person and human I can possibly be. InShaaAllah!
I also hope that I get to live through the entirety of the month as many of us who witnessed last Ramadan aren’t with us today.
Also the fun things; staying up all night to stay up for Fajr, stuffing ones face, sleeping all day until Maghrib, and then waking up again to stuff the face.”

“I look forward to the Barakah that Ramadan brings; and reaping the rewards.”

“Looking forward to bringing myself back on track and maintain my prayers.”

“Reaping the samosa.”

“I look forward to samosa and fruit chat (salad).”

“I like the hustle and bustle that Ramadan brings, so I will be looking forward to that.”

“Going to the masjid (mosque) for Taraweeh.”

“To achieve Taqwa (God-consciousness) and be able to maintain it even after Ramadan ends.”


“I was unable to finish the recitation of the Qur’an last year so I am looking forward to that this time.”

“Serenity, calm and quiet during the day, I guess.”

“Shorter duty timings!”

“Inner peace, forgiveness and being a better person.”

Laylatul Qadr! I hope I am able to worship as much as I can and am not overcome by laziness during the last ten days so that I can get the rewards of worshiping on the night of Layalatul Qadr, no matter which day it falls on.”

So, these are a variety of some of the replies I got. Some made me laugh, others gave me ideas on how I could make my Ramadan much better than the last. What are you looking forward to this Ramadan? Tell us by leaving your answers in the comments below.

To learn more about Ramadan, you can check out this article: The Virtues of Ramadan.
To get ideas about how to get most out of Ramadan, read this: Get The Best Out of Ramadan
To see my Ramadan article from last year, click here: Ramadan - A Gift For Muslims.

And...
To make sure everyone's happy with you this Ramadan, stop reading this article and get back to those samosas, before everyone be like:



No comments:

Post a Comment